23-06-2020 by redazione
As we announced a few days ago, the Italian Embassy in Kenya was working together with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on the fourth repatriation flight for Italians to Kenya, given the closure of the country's international borders.
The news was just published on the Embassy's website.
The Neos flight will be operational from Mombasa and Nairobi to Rome and Milan.
Here are the details, schedules, prices and other info.
Please note that the Italian Embassy, in close coordination with the Ministry of International Affairs and Cooperation, is organizing another special commercial flight operated by Neos, scheduled for Wednesday, July 1, 2020, departing from Nairobi at 18.40 and Mombasa at 20.30, arrival in Rome Fiumicino at 04.50 and Milan Malpensa at 06.55 (times still subject to change).
The ticket price is 700 euros.
As soon as available, again through this website and the Embassy social pages, further details will be provided on how to book and how to transfer passengers to the airports, in light of current restrictions on travel between counties in Kenya.
Therefore, it is suggested to the interested parties to constantly monitor the Embassy website for this purpose while, for requests and/or reports concerning other urgent matters, please note that you can contact this Embassy at the following emergency number - +254 722 514 327 - and write to the following e-mail address email@example.com.
INFORMATION ON SAFETY PROTOCOLS ON BOARD.
Please note that, in light of the new Italian and European regulations on the subject, it is no longer expected that the flight will travel with a reduced passenger load compared to the actual capacity of the aircraft.
Please also note that the following security measures will be put in place:
1. temperature measurement before entering the aircraft (which will be prohibited if the temperature exceeds 37,5 °C);
2. guarantee that the surgical mask will last no longer than 4 hours, with replacement for longer periods;
3. acquisition at the time of check in online or at the airport or in any case at the time of boarding of flights departing from or with destination to national airports, specific self-certification attesting that you have not had close contact with people suffering from COVID 19 pathology in the last two days, before the onset of symptoms and up to 14 days after the onset of symptoms;
4. acquisition of the passenger's undertaking to communicate, for the purpose of contact tracing, to the carrier and the competent territorial health authority, the onset of COVID 19 symptoms within 8 days of disembarkation from the aircraft;
5. prohibition to take on board large cabin baggage.
by Freddie del Curatolo
After the announced repatriation flight for Italians stationed in Kenya, the Embassy of Italy in...
From today until April 1st there will be some more difficulties to organize a trip Italy-Kenya using Qatar...
A little more patience for Italian tourists who thought they could return to Italy from Kenya with the ...
Everyone is flying back to Kenya.
Airlines, driven by the great demand for business travel and the reborn tourist interest for one of the most sought after safari destinations in the Continent, have resumed their destination in Nairobi, as well...