15-10-2019 by redazione
"I would like to invite a Kenyan citizen to Italy, how do I do it?"
Many times, in the eleven years of work of the malindikenya.net portal, we have come across this request.
There are many reasons: those who want to give a new experience to a friend or friend they met in Kenya, those who want to help them in their studies or because of health problems, those who want to give an opportunity to artistic talents and other reasons.
The laws on the entry of non-EU citizens in Italy are constantly updated, so first of all to get general news, official and updated, it is worth visiting the portal "Visa for Italy" of our Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Here is the link: http://vistoperitalia.esteri.it/home.aspx
If you want to make sure that the person you want to invite can organize himself from Kenya, you must contact the Visa Office of the Embassy of Italy in Kenya, which of course is based in Nairobi.
As you can read on the page of the Visa Office of the Embassy, according to the provisions of the regulation of April 5, 2010, if you want to apply for a Schengen visa you should consider the following:
1. All visa applications must be submitted at least 15 working days before the scheduled date of commencement of travel.
2. An application submitted less than 15 working days before the date of commencement of the journey may be accepted, but the applicant must bear in mind that the final decision on the issuance of the visa may be taken after the scheduled date of departure.
3. Visa applications may not be submitted earlier than three months after the planned date of commencement of the journey.
4. It is the responsibility of the applicant to take all appropriate precautions to meet the deadlines where an appointment-based application management system is in place. 5. The normal processing time for visa applications may be up to 15 days. In any case, the process may be longer where further investigation and evaluation is necessary.
In Kenya, the practice of applying for a visa for Italy is handled by the VFS Global agency, whose Visa Application Centre is located on the fifth floor of the Park Field Building, Muthangari Drive, opposite SAFARICOM House, on the Waiyaki Way, in Westlands. Applications are open Monday to Friday, 8am to 3pm.
For the collection of applications, always from Monday to Friday, but from 11 am to 3.30 pm.
For how to submit applications and other information in Italian, or for the appointment for the practice of the Schengen visa only, you can write to the email address email@example.com.
All decisions regarding visa applications will be taken by the Embassy.
The waiting time for processing visa applications submitted through the Visa Application Centre for Italy will be approximately 20 working days under normal circumstances. Applicants will have to pay, at the VFS Global, both the perceptions for the visa application and the cost of the services.
In return for the visa application, applicants must pay - exclusively - the following fees corresponding to the type of visa requested:
NATIONAL VISA - TYPE "D" (over 90 days):
KES 14.400 - EUR 116,00 (all applicants)
KES 6.120 - 50 EUR (Student visa)
SCHENGEN VISA - Type "C" (up to 90 days):
KES 7.450 - EUR 60,00 (adults)
KES 4.345 - EUR 35,00 (children from 6 to 12 years)
Free of charge (children under 6 years)
In addition, applicants shall pay VFS the following fees for the services provided:
- KES 3.200 for receipt of "C" type visa application (adults and children)
- KES 2,700 for receipt of "D" type visa application (adults and children)
The procedures described above are the only ones that allow a visa to be issued for Italy. No person can apply for money, except those indicated on this site. Persons who, in return for sums of money they promise to facilitate, expedite or ensure the issuance of a visa, are to be considered fraudulent and must be reported to the authorities. It is therefore recommended not to rely on any intermediary who promises facilitated routes for obtaining a visa.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
In thirteen years of activity of the Portal of Italians in Kenya and in the relatively short life of our social...
Whoever decides to move to Kenya can do so as a tourist, but in this case must leave the...
After the note 24 hours ago that it effectively halved the connections between Turkey and Italy, the Ankara Government, through...
by Freddie del Curatolo
We have been recommending this for months now, despite the fact that several compatriots continue...
And in Kenya came the day of the definitive stop for Italian tourists and all non-resident ...