23-07-2020 by redazione
The cases of Covid-19 in and around Nairobi continue to increase and are worrying the whole country.
Yesterday's bulletin reads 637 new positives in the last 24 hours out of 4275 swabs analyzed.
However, the words of the Administrative Secretary of Health Rashid Abdi Aman, pronounced during the press conference in Afya House, home of the Ministry of Health, are reassuring.
"90% of the cases recorded are asymptomatic," he said, "and consequently can be handled from home, which means that our facilities will be able to assist the remaining 10% of patients.
If anything, the problem is the deaths, which are now about ten a day. Yesterday, exactly 10 were confirmed, bringing the total to 260. While Kenya is still the 70th most affected country in the world in the total pandemic count, it is only 22nd in the day's list of human losses.
93 patients were discharged from hospitals, while another 406 people were declared cured after following the home care programme. In addition to Nairobi, which recorded just over half of the cases, the neighbouring counties of Machakos and Kiambu recorded another 136 cases, while there has also been a resurgence in Kajiado, on the border with Tanzania.
On the other hand, Mombasa recorded 17 cases and Kilifi 1.
For now the Italians who must enter Kenya will not be subject to any restrictions, if they are not found with...
Kenya's President Uhuru Kenyatta has signed a directive to fight the coronavirus in his country. The statement issued by ...